Friday, December 2, 2011

Guitar Lessons starting next week

So I've got this bad ass new guitar, but I don't have the skills to make it humm like I want to.  So I've decided to take lessons for the first time in my life.  I'm not a "bad" guitar player, but I feel like I've peeked on my own and I want to take it to the next level.  Hopefully the instructor can help me with my mechanics and solo playing.  My aim is to really get into the blues with some jazz background as well.  I love the jazz chords, I just don't know very much about the theory.  Lessons start next week and will continue weekly until I feel like I've stepped up my game a bit.  Watching YouTube videos of people play awesome stuff makes me jealous :)  Hopefully I can be one of those people in about 6 months to a year.  I want be able to play Hendrix/SRV/KWS songs and not sound like an idiot. Lots of practice and patience.  When I can pull off the complete SRV version of Little Wing, I will feel pretty damn good.  Right now I can only make it through the first 2 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment